Monday, August 27, 2012

Vanilla Carmelitas Courtesy of PaleOMG!!

I know what your thinking. Geeez lady, you just got off of your sugar detox......a dessert already?!?

YES! This flippin' recipe has been taunting me every since I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I had almost everything here to make it so what's the big deal??? Well, I'll tell ya. I've made it....It is a'flippin'mazing.....and now it keeps telling me to eat it. It kind of reminds me of german chocolate cake! I have to find people to share it with. Shouldn't be hard, right??

So I'm gonna show you step by step how I made PaleOMG's Vanilla Bean Carmelitas - minus the vanilla bean (didn't have any and they are uber expensive)

Find Juli's amazing site and recipe here.




After I preheated the oven I mixed all the above ingredients for the crust and pressed it into a coconut oil greased square baking dish...


Placed that in the oven and baked it for about 10 minutes. It looked like this when it was done.....


I sprinkled the chocolate chips on top. 


This are the chocolate chips that I usually use. Just FYI. :)



Anyway off to assemble the topping....



Processed the soaked dates and added my FAVE brand of coconut milk and some water. Then I just let it go for about 5 minutes.

This is the magic "caramel" that it made. O.K. just for this "caramel" alone.... she (Juli) is a frickin' genius! This stuff was awesome...wanted to grab a spoon and a seat and go at it! I mean look how gorgeous it is....


Then added the cashew mixture to the caramel mixture....


OMGOODNESS!! Pour all of this yummy goodness on top of the crust and chocolate chips..



Put it back in the oven for a few and this is what happened...


I mean....SERIOUSLY!!! Go here and make this......NOW! DO IT!

But if you live near me and want some, please let me know and I will share so I don't consume the whole, entire thing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment