Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 3: 21DSD

The next 21 days I will be blogging about my adventure doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I will posting how I'm feeling, and also about the food I'm eating. I will not be able to post recipes from the program itself. However if you would like those recipes, information, about the program, or would like to join this or up coming 21DSD them clink the link on the side of this page.

Day 3
Today wasn't so bad. I started the day off at Crossfit Nomad which was AWESOME as usual! Then came home and had a 21DSD approved protein smoothie for breakfast. We went to chick fil a to meet some friends (which was totally needed) and the girls ate breakfast there while I enjoyed my water. :/ 

I made another recipe from the manual before we left for chick fil a so it would be ready for me to eat for lunch. I made the crustless quiche. I gotta tell ya, I'm not usually a huge egg fan. I basically just like eggs sunny side up with some bacon, not scrambled, not in a fritatta, not an omelette. But the fritatta I made the day before last from the manual and this crustless quiche were fantastic. The quiche especially! Here is what it looked like when it came out of the oven. 

And here is my lunch plate. A chunk of the quiche with some carrot sticks and guacamole. Very yummy lunch!


Thank goodness we are allowed Kombucha, cause I really wanted some today! AND they were on sale at Earth Fare today!!



Dinner was thrown in the crock pot when we got home around noon today. Sliced onion in the bottom, lemon, head of garlic, and salt in the cavity, and spices on top. Cooked on low for 5-6 hours.







 Once that was ready I just threw some asparagus in a pan with some salt and pepper and olive oil for a side. 


So that's it for day 3. I feel really good today. Cravings are subsiding and there is also one thing that has happened that I totally did not expect.....I have lost 3 lbs in 3 days! Now anyone that knows me and my thyroid problems knows I just basically stay at the same weight. I've been this weight or more for the longest. For some reason I decided to get on the scale today and I had lost 3 lbs. I was very surprised and am wondering what will continue to happen. Either way I'm happy with the way I feel. 







No comments:

Post a Comment