Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 7 and 8 of 21 DSD

The next 21 days I will be blogging about my adventure doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I will posting how I'm feeling, and also about the food I'm eating. I will not be able to post recipes from the program itself. However if you would like those recipes, information, about the program, or would like to join this or up coming 21DSD them clink the link on the side of this page.

Days 7 and 8

I feel great! Seriously! I don't want to stop for some chocolate on the way home...or anything. Well, let me take that back. Walking into starbucks is still tempting! haha! But other than that I feel great. My husband actually commented yesterday about how my body was changing! SWEET! I don't have lots of pictures of food or what I ate cause we are kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel here since grocery day is coming up! haha! I have been eating tuna salad and zucchini pasta with home made spaghetti sauce with grass fed beef. If you make the sauce home made.... 1. it tastes better, and 2. no sugar. Viola! Let me know if you need a great spaghetti sauce recipe cause I got one! Here is a pic of my zucchini noodles. My MIL gave me a julienne peeler and that is SOOO much easier than using a knife like I had been doing! :/ 


I think they are B-e-a-u-ti-ful!! Oh and guess what!?! I finally ate all of the crustless quiche! Man, that stuff lasted forever, but it was yummy. So since I was out of quiche I had to actually cook some thing for breakfast. Here it is in all it's yummy goodness! 


Two pastured eggs cooked in grass fed butter and some sautéed asparagus. I think I'm fixin to eat that again this morning!!

I cannot wait till this detox is over! No, not so I can go and pig out on some chocolate... That is NOT gonna happen. But because I can't wait to have the Tropical Traditions contest for you guys. I LOVE their coconut oil and I can't wait for one of you to win a jar and get to use it for yourself. ALSO, I have an AMAZING idea. Ever since I got my hands on Practical Paleo, I've been drooling over the beautiful pictures of the food in that book. And It will be MY mission (should I choose to accept it, and I DO) to cook my way through that whole book! Ya know, Julie & Julia style! I cannot wait! After looking through the massive book of food, my husband is even pretty excited. And he is NOT paleo! :) 

Anyway, lots of fun stuff coming up folk. I have you all that are detoxing, are doing great! If you need anything just let me know. Remember, Eat Clean, Move Often, and Sleep Well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment