2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 Tablespoon of REAL maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 can of FULL FAT unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup of enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chips
1 package of knox unflavored gelatin
3/4 - 1 cup of macadamia nut butter (if you are making it yourself you need.. 1cup of macadamia nuts, 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 Tablespoon of REAL maple syrup, and a pinch of salt)
chopped macadamia nuts for garnish
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. First things first, make the crust. In your food processor dump your coconut, coconut oil, syrup and salt. Process until it starts to begin to come off the sides of the processor. About 2 minutes.
3. Dump mixture into an 8X8 glass baking dish and press into the bottom of the dish to form the crust. Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it. You want it lightly, lightly brown but not burnt.
4. If you don't have store bought mac nut butter, make it. So while the crust is baking, let's do that. You can wipe out your food processor real quick or not. Doesn't really matter. But in your food processor dump 1 cup of Macadamia nuts. Start processing.
5. You will have to stop, scrap down and start multiple times. Once it starts blending drizzle in the maple syrup, add your pinch of salt and drizzle in your coconut oil. It will probably take about 5 minutes of processing until your nuts start to look like nut butter.
6. Once it is done, scrap out into a large bowl add your 1 cup of chocolate chips to this bowl as well and set it aside
7. Check on your crust!! Don't forget about it. Once it is done set it aside to cool down.
8. Now in a medium sauce over medium heat pan dump in your coconut milk.
9. Sprinkle 1 package of plain gelatin in the milk and stir.
10. You want the milk to almost come to a boil and you want to keep stirring it until all the gelatin is dissolved. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
11. Pour your hot milk over the nut butter and chocolate chip mixture and let it set for about 3 minutes
12. Grab a wisk a mix it all together until smooth
13. Pour onto your prepared crust and place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
14. When you serve, garnish with chopped macadamia nuts
15. Eat it! :)