Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Favorite Smoothie

Hi guys,

How is the week going so far?? Well mine just keeps getting better and better.

So last night I felt pretty good about myself catching up on all the laundry. When your husband is an engineer by day and magician by night, and you have two little girls who like to change clothes every hour, you end up with a LOT of laundry. I was making a huge dent in the enormous pile when I started switching a load from the washer to the dryer. I see stuff falling off the clothes and I thought, "oh my, the girls must have gotten glitter in here somehow." Then I realized it wasn't glitter, it looked more like ice. So I thought...."oh no! The washer must be broken. How did ice get in here?!" I'm a genius....I know! Come to find out, it was all the water absorbent gel from the inside of a pull up. Yep. That's right. It was never ending and it would not come off. So after a total of 4 hours rinsing and re-rinsing clothes, wiping and re-wiping out the washer along with rinsing and re-rinsing the washer.....the horrible nightmare is over. I thought to myself this morning after I could finally sit back and laugh about it (scratch that, not there yet... After I could sit back and not be quite as angry about it) "look on the bright side.....At least it was a new, clean pull up........ It could have been worse.....MUCH worse."

Another thing I did this morning after finishing cleaning up that mess was make my FAVORITE smoothie. I crave this thing and could possibly survive on this alone and be perfectly happy. Look at this beautiful, tasty thing.....



This is what I use for it. Keep in mind, smoothies are so versatile and you can switch up stuff however you want. 

Paleo Mommy's Spinach, Blueberry Smoothie

1-2 cups of washed baby spinach
1 cup of frozen bluberries
3 ice cubes
1 Tablespoon of almond or cashew butter
1 Tablespoon of coconut manna (optional)
1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2-1 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk

This with a side of protein (usually a hard boiled egg for me) and it is a good meal. This monster keeps me full for at the very least 4 hours. 

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever used frozen spinach? Fresh spinach that looks good is hard to come by around here but I need to get some more greens in my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used frozen spinach. I guess if it's all ya got, it's worth a try. But It would give off lots more liquid that the fresh, just to be forewarned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Keep in mind, smoothies are so versatile and you can switch up stuff however you want.” - I totally agree with this! We all know they are healthy. But what's even greater about smoothies is that they are easy to make, and are very adaptable and versatile! You can toss in your favorite fruits in the blender, add some greens here and there. Then you can use some honey or milk to sweeten it up a bit. Well, as you say, you can switch up stuff however you want! I bet you love your blender more than ever! :)
    Joseph @ Fresh & Healthy Brands

    ReplyDelete