Friday, April 27, 2012

Cinnamon Cumin Roasted Carrots! Ummm....Yumm!

Here is my recipe for some yummy carrots. I don't really like raw carrots, but when they are roasted with these spices they come out tasting like sweet potatoes!

Preheat oven 400
Peel carrots - I used 4 very large carrots for this recipe

Next Slice the carrots in to medallions


Melt a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave


Place the cut up carrots in a mixing bowl and pour the melted coconut oil over them along with.....
1- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of cinnamon
salt and pepper
Make sure the carrots are coated with the oil and spices


Place carrots on a baking sheet making sure they are spread out fairly well. If you have never used coconut oil before, don't be alarmed when the oil starts to solidify on the cool carrots. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 min.


After they have cooked through, you can take them out and eat them as is. But I like to turn the broiler on and get them a little brown and crispy like in the picture. I sprinkle a bit more salt on them at the end and eat them up!!


Well, there it is! I hope you enjoy them!











No comments:

Post a Comment