Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sweet Apple Slaw

I believe today's post is a fitting one since the previous post is a pulled pork recipe. What goes better with pulled pork than a cool refreshing slaw? And yes I did use a bag of slaw mix...because I can! If you don't want to...don't just chop up your own cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots.







Sweet Apple Slaw


1 pkgd bag of slaw mix
1 small sweet red apple sliced into matchsticks or shredded
1/2 cup of home made mayo
2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of raw honey
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper

-In the bottom of a large mixing bowl dump mayo, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper.
-Whisk to combine
-Dump in slaw and apple
-Toss with tongs until slaw is coated with the dressing
-Keep refrigerated
-You can eat now or wait. the longer you wait the better it tastes!! :)




4 comments:

  1. I am very picky about good slaw. I make a homemade version myself, but this one sounds a lot healthier. I will give it a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! I added a handful of raisins and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds... delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! So glad you enjoyed it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the weight of your bag of slaw mix. I have found both 8oz and 16oz

    ReplyDelete