Wow! It has been a while! I was under the weather there for a few days, which kept me from posting. Stupid allergies! It was miserable there for a day or so then it was bearable. But I got well just in time for my BIRTHDAY!! And while it is usually just another day, this year it was UBER special! My husband elaborately planned out 3 months in advance a surprise party for me and a very special surprise guest. He flew my dad in who I usually only get to see once a year! AND my dad and I share birthdays so that made it much more special! We went early morning fishing with my 5 year old, went to a baseball game and visited the zoo! It was so much fun spending time with my daddy and him getting to spend time with his grand-daughters!! My dad just left to go back home today, so needless to say all my attention was on him and not so much blogging. But now things are getting back to normal and I will be getting back in the kitchen. Today I made some chocolate dipped macaroons for the kids as a treat. I thought I would share them with you guys. Hope you like them! Recipe below.
Now for a question for you!! I'm thinking of selling these t-shirts and was wondering if any of you would be interested. All proceeds would go toward recipe development for the cookbook! If we ever reach 1000 fans on FB I will more than likely give a couple away as a giveaway as well!! They would cost approximately $17 bucks plus shipping. Yay or nay?!? Interested?? Anyone!?! Feel free to suggest different colors!! :)
Chocolate dipped macaroons
4 egg whites
2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
1 teaspoon of almond extract
pinch of salt
6-8 ounces of melted enjoy life chocolate chips
- in a large mixing bowl wisk for egg whites, syrup, extract and salt
- add in coconut and flour and mix till well incorporated
- set in fridge to harden a bit for about an hour
- scoop out with a 1 inch scoop or use two spoons and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. they will start to brown around bottom edges and will be firm to touch.
- let completely cool
- melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler
- dip each macaroon in chocolate and place on parchment or wax paper
- let the chocolate harden or you can place in fridge to speed up the process. By this time my kids were tired of waiting and just ate them! haha!