Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I love fall....and squash....

Let's talk about roasting squash. I love them! And I didn't know I loved them until I started eating Paleo. Thank you Paleo for introducing me to the winter squash.....acorn, butternut, spaghetti...whatever...I love them. Here is a pic tutorial on how to roast a spaghetti squash...just incase ya wanna know! :)

Step 1: Wash your squash...That is actually super fun to say!!



Step 2: Cut it in half and scrap out all the seeds


Step 3: Rub it down with some coconut oil or EVOO and season with salt and pepper


Step 4: Place cut side down on a baking sheet and throw in a 400 degree oven until tender and easily pierced with a fork. This took about 40 minutes.


Step 5: with a fork, scrap out the flesh. It will automatically shred up like spaghetti.


 Step 6: Eat it. This was a fairly small squash and I will end up with about 3-4 servings. Cost effective for sure!!


Need a recipe to go with your roasted spaghetti squash? I'm working on a pretty tasty idea right now. Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment