Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Do Ya Miss Mashed Potatoes???

I have found a wonderful mashed cauliflower recipe and it comes straight from www.easypaleo.com

http://www.easypaleo.com/2012/05/23/food-diary-easy-mashed-cauliflower/

I altered this recipe a bit though..... instead of just steaming the cauliflower...I put a couple of cups of chicken stock in a pot and threw the cauliflower in there with the lid on and let them cook like that. It added some great flavor and I used some of the stock when processing the cauliflower. I haven't had mashed potatoes in almost 10 months, and these were very yummy. Oh, I didn't use quite as much grass fed butter. Everyone's taste is different. You have to taste as you go, ya know!!? I also added some garlic powder, about a 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme and a pinch of dried rosemary. Tip: Rub the dried spices in your palms to kinda wake them up bit as you put them in the dish. Rachel Ray tip: didn't think it would make much of a difference but it does. Anyway I hope ya'll try this one....I thought it was delicious. Oh one more thing. These weren't my favorite thing to eat as left overs. In my opinion they were much better when they were eaten right after they were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment