Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sugar Free New Year Tips

I got a huge response both on my FB page and in my inbox about the New Years resolution of cutting out the sugar. Well guess what folks.....this is it. It's about that time! I, myself, am pretty excited! I know I need to get control of this sugar problem. And this sugar free new year will be sure to do the trick. SO, since so many of you are on board, I thought I would share some tips with you on how you can prepare for this month, so you will have some great success!! Here goes!

1. Get Rid of It
Clean out the cupboard and the fridge and get rid of the crap foods. Period.

2. Food Prep. Food Prep. Food Prep.
If I've said it once...I've said it a thousand times!! It is soooooo important to set aside a day or two a week for menu and food prep. But when it comes to this month of no sugar the most important thing to prep is your emergency snacks. Prepped veggies and pre-made dressing, nuts, kale chips, small banana, small apple, almond butter snack pack, beef jerky are all the types of things that can help to have on hand so you don't reach for the sugar.

3. Distraction
When the cravings come.....and they will....have a plan. My plan is exercise. I usually crave sugar when I am bored. SO when the cravings com and won't go away I will jump on the treadmill and jog or walk them off. Have an emergency contact person. A person you can call when you are about to give in. They will talk you off the ledge, or meet you somewhere for a talk and a coffee or to go on a walk with you. Writing or yoga is often a good thing to do to get your mind off of cravings as well.

4. Accountability
Have a supportive place to go where you can share your struggles and successes. Paleo Mommy facebook page will be that for me and I hope you as well. I will share my daily struggles and thoughts and I will also share my menu and daily eating. I sure do hope you guys will share those things with me as well.

5. Try to Keep Dining Out to a Minimum
You know as well as I that there is hidden crap in just about everything when it comes to eating out. It seems to be easier when trying to avoid sugar to just eat at home. Just stick to your pre-planned menu (see #2) and that way the dessert menu doesn't taunt you either!! :) 

That's all I have folks! If you have anything to add, please do! Check back here or on the FB page for updates and to share your experiences! Good Luck!! We've got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment