Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crab Cakes and Yummy Chipotle Sauce!!!!

I adore crab cakes. It used to be what I always ordered when we went out to a seafood restaurant. But now I don't really like going out to eat and if I did I couldn't order the crab cakes any longer. :( Time to make my own and here's how I did it.

Crab cakes
12 oz of wild caught crab meat
1/4 cup PLUS 2 T of tapioca flour
2 T of coconut flour
1-2 eggs (will need to see how dry your mix is to determine how many eggs you need)
1 tsp of old bay seasoning
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of baking powder
4 scallions (sliced thinly whites and greens)
2 T of coconut oil

-In a mixing bowl combine crab meat, flours, 1 egg, seasonings and scallions
-IF your mixture is too dry and won't hold shape at all then add your other egg.
-Heat up the oil in a skillet over medium heat
-Make cakes out of your mixture. I used a 1/4 measuring cup and pressed the mixture down into that and flipped it out into my hand. It made about 8 cakes.
-Once your oil is hot and shimmering, add the cakes to the pan
-Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until they are nice and golden brown


Chipotle Sauce
3/4 cup of home made mayo
1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on how much heat you want. I used one for mine)
1 scallion
1 tsp of dijon mustard

-In a blender combine the above ingredients and serve along side or on top of crab cakes


I served myself these golden brown nuggets on top of some broccoli slaw and commenced to devour! I hope you enjoy these. Please share with others! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment