Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fruity Chicken Salad

Hi people! It's been a while! I have been working on the cookbook that I can only hope to finish and have available to you all sometime in this lifetime! It is a long process but the creating recipe part is SO FUN! There is no feeling like the one where someone LOVES something you have created. It is still unbelievable to me to see someone eating my food or my recipe, or telling me how one of my recipes is requested for dinner from their family. It is AH-MAZE-ING! And I am so glad you guys share that stuff with me. It makes me keep on keepin' on!! :)

Well Springtime has sprung around these parts and one of our favorite pastimes, when were aren't dodging severe weather, is visiting our botanical gardens. So the girls, my mother in law, and I braved the pollen and headed out. Among the beautiful scenery and cute attractions, they also have a little cafe there called Clementines. This place serves a gazillion or so varieties of chicken salad among other things. My favorite one there is the fruity chicken salad. Craving chicken salad today, I decided rather than driving 30 minutes and paying 11 dollars for some, that I would take a crack at my own fruity chicken salad. Here it is just incase you want some too!!

Serves 2

1 roasted chicken breast, cubed
2 T of mayo (my fave recipe, make sure your eggs are from a trusted source)
1/2 stalk of celery, finely diced
6 red grapes, sliced
1 mandarin orange or clementine, chopped
1/4 cup of pecans, chopped
salt and pepper to taste



Mix it up and enjoy..... I know I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment